Embroidery Machine Operative
The ideal candidate for this position will have previous knowledge of commercial embroidery machinery, however training will be given to the correct candidate working in the production room of a small and friendly embroidery company specialising in schoolwear. You will become an integral part of our small team and should want to take an active role in the workflow of the business. There is some flexibility on standard hours and a schedule to suit is possible (Mon-Thurs) although during our super busy season of the August more hours may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Simultaneously operating multi-head Tajima embroidery machines
- Be able to frame garments accurately and efficiently
- Proactively checking production to ensure highest levels of quality control achieved.
- Using vinyl cutter and heat press equipment for transfer printing. (training given)
- Performing regular maintenance checks and upkeep of all equipment
- Ensuring embroidery room kept clean and organised
- Ensuring ordering of consumables made in a timely manner to ensure continuous production
- Assisting with the picking, packing and despatching of orders
- Any other reasonable duties as required by management
The successful applicant should
- Ideally have previous experience of commercial embroidery machinery,
- Have exceptional attention to detail.
- Be able to work in an independent manner keeping a clean and tidy workplace
- Have strong verbal communication skills
- Be happy to work as team member being flexible to changing working duties during the day.
- Must have the right to work in the UK
Job Type: Part-time, probably 12-20 hours per week.
Salary: £11 - 12.50 per hour depending on experience.
- Company pension
- Free on-site parking
- Monday to Thursday (usual) - possibility for hours to fit within school day for the correct candidate.
- No weekends
- Overtime possible
Work Location: Brentwood in-person
How to apply
Please include a short bio of job history, together with a brief synopsis of your current position and hours looking for work. Please email email@example.com, putting JOB VACANCY in the subject title.
Every summer we recruit several temporary summer positions to cope with our busy period. These tend to suit returning students and often have the same staff return each year. If you are interested in working for us in the summer please send a current CV and short bio to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'summer vacancy' in the subject bar. You must be able to work 14/8/24 - 8/9/24 but please tell us if you are available for any other weeks.